Monday, April 21, 2014

Time to Stop Saying and Start Doing -- Surprise!! I'm back :)

I have been saying I am going to blog for the past year and a half....it's time to stop saying and start doing. So here I am. Taking 10 minutes to write a quick blog.

In my defense, life happened. Lol. Since 2012 I have had a tough journey. My grandmother Justa passed, followed by my father. Last year Rex (my adorable and brilliant little yorkie) was diagnosed with Kidney disease (though he's totally hanging in there and is super wonderful and super cuddly!! Thank heavens) I sprained my ankle....twice.....and was in a car accident. Oh yes, and my other country is on the brink of a full civil war. And yes my family is still there. I have also played listener, supporter, friend and loved one to my family and friends who are also dealing with their horrible trials. With what I am sure is divine help, we are all making it!!!!

During all this I said....I want -- scratch that - NEED - a partner. I mean I can completely survive with what I have been blessed with which is an amazing arsenal of brilliant family members and amazing friends. It's just, well, to have someone beside me to which I can be there for and he can be there for me and we can conquer the world together and laugh and cry the whole way.

So I have put myself out there all last year. oh boy has it been a journey and oh boy have I learned a ton about me....and well peeps in general.  And it just keeps on coming.....so time to write about it. Mostly for me. It helps me to let it all out. Plus sometimes my few readers comment and open my eyes. And then there's always the off chance that someone will read my ramblings and be inspired or enlightened.....or at least get a chuckle. And sometimes it's nice to know we're not alone.

So.........I will ramble about my latest conundrum more tomorrow. I really do need my beauty sleep and I still have to work on a script. More doing and not saying.
This blog is the first step in doing. It's motivating me. Here are the things I am doing now:

  • Writing the web series I've thought about for a decade (career)
  • Prioritizing my career and myself (career and love)
  • Working out and eating better and getting into the shape I enjoy being in (career and love)
  • Writing my blog again (career and love)
  • Dating (love)
  • Organizing my home space (career, love and over all mental well being ;) )
I've been saying I need to do this, I need to do that.....well now I'm doing it. If I want something, I gotta go and get it. My prince may come and rescue me, but apparently I must let him know I'm here ;) Mr Spielberg may want me as is next Oscar award winner, he's just having a difficult time finding me. I need to help him out a bit. So now we're doing. I'm going to keep doing in all the directions I feel inspired. Let's see where they lead!!

Next time on Story Time: UGH! What is this new obstacle in my dating path?? Oh it's me. 

2 comments:

  1. You are so amazing!!! If you really want a thing, you will find the time, make the time, it doesn't matter. Some days I can't get up early and do all the things I need to do, but the VERY next day I try again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wait 'til I get there! We can encourage and motivate each other. It's gonna be great! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete