Saturday, October 29, 2011

Out and About.....

This is the outfit I wore to Trivia.....I think it's darling. It was a little chilly and I knew I would need something over my shoulders. I still wanted to be really feminine looking so I kept the little dress and threw on a classy blazer. A chunky beaded necklace and a big ring. I of course had to wear my sexy knee high boots. Again also helped keep out the chill. The hair was super easy - I just twisted it up and clipped it with a little pointy clip....It's my favorite!! Really holds the hair!! I chose up b/c it looks better with a blazer. I kept my make up simple. So my outfit says - she knows how to put herself together and the makeup and hair said - but she's not high maintenance and probably "real."

K onto the night!! - Well first lesson when meeting guys....must make myself approachable. Did not do this at Trivia. I sat with my girls and didn't really look around at all. Definitely gave the vibe that I was just there with my girls and didn't care about anything else. THOUGH - we did sit by the trivia host and we charmed him to no end and that was fun. He is great and very funny! I think I got too into trivia. hmmmm May not be the best place for me to meet someone.

Next night - YOGA!! This I think could be a great place to meet someone!! So many beautiful people - my word....I am going to have to get over my awe when I see some of these chiseled pieces of art. I almost stepped on somebody, ran into a wall, and knocked over a water bottle. Don't worry I was very subtle - (she says as she slowly shakes her head "no") I was completely self conscious as I am still working on my outer form. So I put those beauties out of my mind and concentrated on not falling and taking out the people on either side of me. YOGA class was fabulous!! I think the trick there would be spotting the single guy and carefully positioning my mat next to his. Then find some way to strike up conversation. That should be easy - there are great things to bring up - hello yoga!! - Hmmm - before I try this route I think I need a few more lessons. I don't want to look completely deficient in front of him. :) Till then I'll stay in my little corner. :)

Tonight - Halloween festivities at the church building!! THIS WAS GREAT!! There was a big club like setting. Glowing cubes, great DJ, flashy lighting. A haunted house!! - and yes I went through with a cute boy that I hung to for dear life....I'm fairly certain he did not mind too bad. He stayed pretty close. ;) Then as we walked out of the haunted house and into the "club" a member of the "A" group pulled me over to dance. That was fun. He's wicked cute. I was pretty confident with him today which I am normally not....and he responded favorably!! Lesson: guys like CONFIDENCE. Ok got it!!

Also today at work during our Halloween party I met a darling guy who is new. Very charming. German - very nice voice and sexy accent. We were both standing out by the fruit table just kind of buying time when I said - "SAM - just go meet him!!" I had seen him before and wanted to talk to him but never did. This was the perfect opportunity. I had to seize it!! So I did!! I remembered I had an in, I used it, introduced myself and we spoke for at least 30-45 minutes....which is a lot when you're taking a 10 minute break from work to eat a cupcake. I loved the parts in the conversation when it would start to lull - neither one of us would go anywhere and we'd find something to talk about - I thought - he wants to be here talking to me more!! This is good!! And then before I could get boring, I excused myself to go finish work. Again with the confidence!!

This week's lesson - confidence is attractive!!

So tomorrow's agenda is a concert in Hollywood and bars in Venice. Two places filled with stories for sure!!
My costume? - Black Swan!! hehe Simple costume and fun make up!! Love it!!

P.S. My first work crush walked by and saw me talking to the new kid....I saw him take notice. hehe hehe
P.P.S. Don't worry I'm not reading too much into anything....just making observations and seeing what if anything comes from them.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to steal your boots! Too cute! I want your social life...I'm such a bore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! Next time I find a good deal I will let you know when and where :)

    You know if we can get you transferred out here, we can social together!! You are anything but boring!! And then we can gang up on the Skallas and move them too!! Wha ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete