Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Cub, the Wolf and the Swan



So funny story - On Saturday night I got all dressed up in my Halloween costume and went to my brother's concert. (He's on tour with Jason Webley) I figured I probably wasn't going to meet anyone at a concert b/c we're just there to listen to music and watch the band and talk with friends - wait that's like clubbing - why did I think I wouldn't meet anyone??
Not only that - my brother is IN the band!! HELLOOOOO!! Of course I'm trying very hard to not fall in love with another musician. I have a bias. I know I know.....and if it happens it happens - I remain open to all opportunities - and truth be told everyone I fall for anyway is a musician even if they've chosen a different career path. Let's face it - I am musically driven - I am a musician - I speak the language and vibrate on harmonies that tend to be in tune with other like harmonies - Most likely the person I match with will have this quality and talent. Fine.

Anyway, it was good I wasn't going with any kind of agenda because I went with confidence!! I didn't really care if I was thin enough or cute enough or whatever enough....I just knew I had a fun costume and my make-up turned out well and I wanted ot show it off. People loved it!! There was another Black Swan there as well and I felt a kind of bond. Easiest costume I've done in a long time!! I had everything at home already!! I learned that things do not have to be exact just a representation and that is widely accepted. :)

Well we had a blast dancing the night away!! - I think b/c I was in costume I didn't care what I looked like when I danced - no wait....I think I'm like that anyway. LOL But the costume did help - and I got to wear flats!!!!

So....after the concert, after we loaded the van, after I met the darling, handsome, charismatic band mates of my bro's - I met these two girls  who were waiting for their ride. I'm not sure their exact age, but they seemed maybe Seniors in high school or just graduated. Well I wasn't about to leave them on the streets of Hollywood by themselves at 2:30 in the morning.....so I stayed and chatted with them. And good thing I did....The Wolf approached. I had seen him when we were loading the van - he had complimented my costume and eyed me. I thanked him but kept working. He left. Then he returned again when I was talking to the girls. He got to the corner hung for a bit and then walked back to make his 3rd approach. Now I'm sure he is a super nice guy in real life....but 3 girls waiting for a ride alone @ 2:30am - naturally we were a little nervous with him. I tried to play it off and speak very strong and confident to aleviate the fear I saw in the eyes of the girls. I also got the pepper spray out of my purse and tucked it into my costume. My protective mother instincts immediately kicked in and I wasn't going to let anything happen to these girls!! He spoke to us for quite awhile as one of the girls kept trying to help her friend find us. I could tell by his questions and his comments he was definitely trying to make a connection. My only consolation was that his energy seemed to be directed towards me and he was leaving my little chickies alone. There was just something off with him and I definitely felt like prey....how appropriate that I was dressed as a bird. :)
Well, her friends were getting a little frustrated and lost but they were pretty close....I suggested that I drive the girls to the parking lot where they were waiting. My new friends were all too anxious to get off of the street and away from our predator....we said our goodbyes and hopped in the car. As soon as we were out of earshot the girls start in with their concerns and how they felt around the wolf - it wasn't just me. Phew. Smart girls :)

Well, as we were driving to the meeting spot....the friend of the girl was really nervous that they had hopped in the car with me. GOOD FRIEND!! In this world one can never be too careful.....Well we pulled up right next to them. What I see is this young kid - looked about their same age - really adorable leaning against his car - total "Jake Ryan" in "Pretty in Pink" but looking a little on edge. I of course roll down my window to let him know that the girls were completely safe and sorry to worry him. He comes to my window and we start talking about the situation and I'm looking up directions to get them home (they didn't live in L.A. - hence the getting lost) - next thing I know this adorable little cub says I'm much more beautiful then the "chick" in the movie and asks me out!!!! Yes you heard me right!! I tried not to laugh - fragile egos and all - and sure another age ago absolutely I would've gone, but seriously??!! So I told him - Honey I'm probably a little older than you think I am - His response what 25? I smiled knowingly - "what? older? 28? - I said you're sweet, disappointment in his face, then he says - I'm ok with it! - Oh precious. I smiled and gave the directions to them....then he asked one more time - Points for persistence in a non annoying and actually very smoothe way!! What's funny is the friend girl I had just met said - he'll be 20 soon!! LOL - just precious.
said something like - "oh honey you are adorable - but I'm not right for you. Though you did make my whole night!! I love being flirted with by cute boys. ;)" And of course giving him my flirty smile. So they got in their car with a wave and he sent me off with a <3 gesture. What a cutie. And I winked and smiled and drove away.....wondering this drive home - Why oh why do I only get the wolves and cubs??!! I'm not complaining - the cubs are SUPER flattering and I love it - but can we maybe add some with a few more years? I at least want to be able to take him into the club with me. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment