Thursday, December 22, 2011

Confidence and Charisma.....who knew

Soooooooooooooooooooo......

I went to go see a wonderful musical the other day...(GO SEE FELA!!!! It's amazing!!!!) and I happened to meet a handsome radio personality.
Well, I was in my public persona that evening - feeling very confident. I like to play a little game where I get all dressed up and walk in with umph and let people wonder who I am. It's especially fun in L.A. b/c at every turn people are waiting to run into a celebrity and people are always trying to figure out who's who. LOL

Well, I apparently caught his attention. He introduced himself to me, paid me a very sweet compliment and then asked for my card.
Mind you - I first walked up to him and went to briefly compliment him on his voice (very smoothe and delightful to listen to). See, this backs up my theory - girls really do have to make the initial move.

Well, mr. has written me and asked me out. :) I guess our couple of conversations at the theatre were just intriguing enough. :)

I have responded in the affirmative so we'll see what our schedules allow. He is very intelligent and what I like to call "private school." So we'll see. I am sure I will be a little "much" for him, but one never knows, does one.


Meanwhile back at the ranch.....


b/c I am a huge flirt and sometimes don't pay attention to what I'm doing.....I accidentally managed to ask someone out. LOL - Yet another little theory.....If I do not have nerves or pressure - HE will not feel nerves or pressure. I don't make a big deal out of anything, HE won't think it's a big deal.....and hey if it turns into something - fabulous!

NOW – just b/c I have spoken about these other two boys, please do not think for a second that I am not still completely smitten with….we need a nickname….we’ll just call him JB. (As I chuckle to myself at my cleverness).
However, I have been given no reason to take myself off the market. :) Besides, this is not a blog of pining.

So here’s my input on this scenario:

My opinion: I just asked to go to lunch. There's no way that it could be taken as anything but casual. It was late in the day, we were chatting, I was starving and said I needed to go get something to eat would he like to come. He couldn't. My mind - done....no big deal.....he then follows up with wanting a rain check. Still casual, but we see /talk to each other almost daily.....why would we need to have a raincheck?? Ah-ha - right??
My theory: Boys are a little nervous to make the first approach if they aren't sure. They need a little nudging. I nudged and he responded. Now, he may feel more comfortable about making a forward move and I didn't have to really ask him out. Let's see.

3 comments:

  1. OH!! I almost forgot....the nice man I was sitting next to in the theatre also asked for my card and called me as well. Come to think of it I was wearing my "special perfume" hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess all it takes is threatening to set you up on a quasi blind date with a man in another state to make you get it out there a bit huh? haha Go get em Sammie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - I think it was just your pep talk ;)

    ReplyDelete