Tuesday, December 13, 2011

To Ask or Not to Ask....

So on my last blog a thousand years ago, I received advice from 3 people at random that all whistled the same tune. They suggested that the guys may be a little intimidated and/or dense and that I should turn the heat up a little and either ask them out directly or in a roundabout fashion. ie: Oh I really want to see <insert movie> or oh! I've really been wanting to try <insert restaurant>

Well, I have some theatrical events coming up that would make a great date I think....so here's the rub....Do I ask one of these guy friends of mine to go with me? And is that too forward? Will they lose interest (assuming they have interest) because the thrill of the chase is gone? Or might it increase the chase a bit b/c it's not a done deal just because I've offered the time and place. You know, like a little taste but not the whole platter. Or on the other hand, will they think of it more as a friend thing -- like they're bailing me out of having to go alone or something. I guess ultimately it will depend on how I behave once we're out, right? (assuming he says yes).

Ok. I'm going to do it. Why not right?? In fact didn't I say when I started this blog I'm putting these things to a test??!! So let's do some research!! In the name of science I am asking the cute boy from 4th period out on a date!!!! I'll let  you know how it goes :)

(BTW, for those of you keeping score there are actually a few boys that hold my interest, I'm just lumping them into one right now as nothing has moved forward with any.....I will say though, there's one I'm crushin' on pretty bad.....I'm gonna have to blog about that scenario next. Don't you love the web of life??!!)

2 comments:

  1. So many boys... so little time. Ask them all out on the same date at once! It'll save time and you'll find out who's really interested in you and is willing to go the mile to get ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - oh yeah there's always plenty that I like - it's tricking them into liking me that's the challenge ;)

    This is a very interesting idea. You know I did that once for my birthday party. It turned out to be actually quite humorous. Even the boys that weren't really interested in me showed their peacock feathers.

    ReplyDelete